Thursday, December 13, 2007

Warren Zevon?

So I'm driving home this evening and I hear an unmistakable tune on the radio- it's Waren Zevon's "Werewolves of London"....WRONG- it's some lame ass Kid Rock tune- My exact thought at that moment was "you've got to be kidding me, I hope Warren's estate got some cash out of this one because it's the exact riff from the original".

So, I listen to this disgrace for about 47 more seconds and change the station- then what do I come across?- as horendous cover of Judas Priests "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" Now I'm in a world of pain, memories of my more formatable years have been significantly dented in the span of less then one minute.

What's next, some unjustified rip off of a Frank Zappa story or destruction of my memories of a Grateful Dead experience? Man, I'm in the dumps, there's nothing wrong with covers, but do the original justice please.....

No comments: